Updated: Apr 25, 2021
What is Social Misery?
Literally, social misery is adversely induced by intentional or unintentional, knowing or unknowing, social efforts, which are originally supposed to elevate personal and social harmony, but go awry to a deviant or even opposite direction leading to make personal and social life more unhealthy, unhappy, and miserable than their initial intent.
To generate good result as originally wished and designed always relies on making right decision followed with taking right action, which requires both the input of right information and the adequacy of energy and ability of the responsible entities. Nowadays, most of times, locations, and circumstances have been under heavy influence and control of political correctness (sweet talk and sympathy) and commercialism, which have eluded and even deluded us. Subsequently, the available truth and facts of life is distorted and modified to suit their high demand for political correctness and commercialism, and oftentimes could not be told and heard. Without inherent truth and facts, how can the responsible entities - individuals or organizations - make right decision for right actions to follow. In sum, political correctness and commercialism can fuzz up the available truth and facts of life and make people got lost in their mistiness.
Real Life Examples 現實生活中的例子
We can easily pick up many examples in the situations in which political correctness and commercialism prevail.
1. The Myth of “We Are Born Equal.” 1.“我們天生平等”的神話。 How true can the statement of “We are born equal” be? Saying so has been always socially and politically correct to show hypocritical respect toward people whoever you meet and wherever you go, to shorten the distance among people, and to let similarity forge affinity. It has forced the automotive of civilization to move and to share the equality of power and resource for all people to survive, grow, and live on.
“我們天生平等”的說法到底有多真實？如此說來在社會和政治上一直是正確的，以向與您見面和去向無處不在的人顯示虛偽的尊重，以縮短人與人之間的距離，並讓相似性形成親和力。它迫使文明的汽車運動並分享力量和資源的平等，以使所有人得以生存，成長和生存。 As a result, the force behind this statement has become the chief power to push the train of civilization forward from its ancient autocracy through middle-aged aristocracy then to modern democracy. However, the cargo of civilization has been continually robbed by those who have power and money, and are smart; today it only barely leave behind with its democratic symbol, that is, one person for one vote.
結果，這一言論背後的力量已成為推動文明列車從其古老的專制政權，通過中年貴族制再發展為現代民主制的主要力量。但是，有財力，有才智的人不斷地搶奪文明的貨物。今天，它幾乎沒有留下民主標誌，那就是一人一票。 In reality, we are never born equal, and we can easily notice and find many examples in daily living. Let us think about why some people suffer from inguinal hernia all the time despite having never partook in any strenuous physical activities, and some others will never suffer from it despite having taken on many hard physical activities like those for athletes and many physical labors. Likewise, we share a same anatomical terminology for an organ or a certain spot of body, but the quality and quantity of that organ or tissue denoted by that same terminology widely vary among all individuals. Hence, the opposite is true; we are not born equal.
2. The Myth of “Customers Are Always Right.” 2.“客戶永遠是對的”的神話。 Is this true? Personally, I have never believed in and agreed to this notion although it has excessively prevailed as an indispensable maxim of commercialism. To assure my denial toward this, I have asked many customer advocates if customers are always right. Upon such inquiry, they always grinned or smiled, and gave a same answer stating, “No, not at all. In fact, oftentimes they are wrong and the opposite is true.” Clearly, the act to implement this notion is bureaucratically coerced to meet the high demand of political correctness. In its very reality, it represents the highest peaking point of social corruption, in which both customer and business owner are faking and cheating in non-spoken fashion; consequently, business owners grin or smile unwillingly so to bear with customers' unreasonable demand, but customers oftentimes walk away with exultation and triumph. 這是真的？就個人而言，我從未相信並同意這個概念，儘管它已成為商業主義必不可少的準則。為了確保我對此不予理,，我問過許多客戶擁護者，客戶是否永遠是對的。經過這樣的詢問，他們總是咧嘴或微笑，並給出了相同的回答，說：“不，一點也不。實際上，通常它們是錯誤的，反之亦然。”顯然，為實現這一概念而採取的行動被官僚地強制執行，以滿足對政治正確性的高要求。在現實中，它代表了社會腐敗的最高峰，客戶和企業所有者都在以非言語方式進行偽造和欺詐。因此，企業主不願咧嘴或微笑，以應付客戶的不合理需求，但客戶常常會欣喜若狂地走開。
3. The Myth of “It Is Free.” 3.“免費”的神話。 Every day, we hear or read “It is free.” in commercial advertisement through various forms of media or venues to incite buying emotion, entice desire, and nudge your hands to feel your pockets for money to buy. Yet, nothing in the world is free, but anything always comes with its inherent price.
4. The Impact of “Imbalance Between Rights and Obligations”
4.“權利與義務之間的不平衡”的影響 Nowadays, speaking out to assert a right in a right-up, right-down, right-right, right-left, or right-north, right-south, right-east, right-west fashion will certainly earn a support of political correctness, especially speaking at right time in right place.
如今，大聲疾呼以右上，右下，右-右，右-左或右北，右-南，右東，右-西方式主張權利肯定會贏得政治上的支持正確性，尤其是在正確的時間在正確的地方講話。 Despite the popularity of asserting rights from all directions, especially rights activists, how often have you ever heard someone, even among rights activists stressing the need for how to fulfill obligations? Commonsense self evidences that right assertion means someone wants to take something from somewhere, and who have stored that something at somewhere for someone take away? It got to be someone fulfilling obligations to hoard something for someone in need to take away. Known to us and common sense, technically, life is a process of managing a long list of relationships, any relations are initiated, maintained, and sustained by persistent availability to positively envision the hope on how to timely fulfill mutual promises for mutual benefits by following the universal code of acts.
Let take the USA as a huge luxury cruise ship which expectedly needs a deep and wide water way to sail and a high cost of maintenance to keep up her luxury and splendor. Nowadays, shouting to demand the rights in the manner as described above constantly appears everywhere, but its people infrequently or even never talk about how to fulfill their obligation. As a result, social water becomes too shallow to float the USA huge luxury cruise ship and the money is too depleted to maintain its luxury, but cut the corners to barely sustain its façade. Such scenario will repeat anywhere in time like that could loom and repeat in China but just a matter of when.
以美國為例，它是一艘巨大的豪華遊輪，預計它需要深而寬的水域航行方式以及高昂的維護成本，才能保持其奢華和輝煌。如今，以上述方式要求權利的呼聲不斷出現，但它的人民卻很少或什至從未談論過如何履行其義務。結果，社會水位變得太淺，無法漂浮在美國這艘巨大的豪華遊輪上，錢也花光了，無法維持其豪華性，但是卻拐彎抹角，勉強維持其外觀。這種情況會在任何時間重複出現，就像在中國可能出現並重複出現一樣，只是時間的問題。 Promoting how to fulfill obligations is much less attractive than that to assert rights, most of times becomes politically incorrect, and will be abandoned. Unfortunately but gladly, former US President J. F. Kennedy was assassinated after his inaugural speech stating, “...ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country.”, which is just and right, but politically incorrect for most people. If he survived and continued to promote, elaborate, and stress on how to fulfill obligations, I could predict he would not be re-elected because the demand for political correctness and commercialism has overtaken control of whole society and left us no room to talk about the truth and facts of life.
5. The Myth of Experts 5.專家的神話 One dubbed as an expert will gain much more attention and earn more respect for being more knowledgeable in certain aspect, tiny or vast, of life or science than others around. But, what is the quality and quantity of an expert? Nowadays, most of experts are merely a knowledge collector and analyzer of certain subjects; they make an extra more effort to dispense their energy, ability, and time for the subjects they would like to stand out than the ordinary people. Inside their writing talking, they tends to subtly pepper it with sweet talk and commercialism so to rouse emotion for action to buy.
一個被稱為專家的人，比周圍的其他人，都將在生活或科學的某些方面（無論是微觀的還是廣闊的）都擁有更多的知識，將會贏得更多的關注並贏得更多的尊重。但是，專家的素質和數量是多少？如今，大多數專家僅僅是某些學科的知識收集者和分析者。他們比普通人付出更多的努力來分配自己的精力，能力和時間來突出他們想要脫穎而出的主題。在寫作談話中，他們傾向於用甜言蜜語和商業主義來巧妙地修飾它，以激發情緒，促使人們採取購買行動。 As a result, the products are attractive but oftentimes not practically doable for most of people except for those who have nothing to do in life. Examples for such scenario abound like those in writing weight loss as described in http://formefirst.com/Weightloss.html.
結果，這些產品很有吸引力，但是對於大多數人來說，除了那些與生活無關的人之外，通常幾乎不可行。這種情況的例子比比皆是，如 http://formefirst.com/Weightloss.html 中所述的減肥方法。 Why? The main goal of those writing is for money; worse yet, many writings are done by ghost writers or copy writers, who are specially trained to insidiously exercise the magic of semiotics and semantics to inject the high power of emotional words for marginal information to over blow the value of products for commercialism.
為什麼？這些寫作的主要目的是為了錢。更糟糕的是，許多著作是由幽靈作家或抄寫作家完成的，他們經過專門訓練，可以陰險地行使符號學和語義學的魔力，為邊緣信息注入情感詞語的強大力量，以過度吹噓產品對商業化的價值。 In short, most of such writers are rich in knowledge, but lack in common sense and wisdom. Consequently, the buyers are hard to implement the ideas into actions. Known to us, without actions, all ideas are useless. At this juncture, one can fairly say too many experts have driven many people into the camps of unrealism to suffer from social misery and these unaware vast majority not just fall victims to the pretense of experts and quasi-experts and commercialism but become social psychotics in hopeless struggle for unreachable expectation. So, do something within our control and do not waste time to think and worry about something beyond our control. 簡而言之，大多數這類作家知識淵博，但缺乏常識和智慧。因此，購買者很難將這些想法付諸實踐。我們知道，沒有行動，所有想法都是無用的。在這個關頭，可以肯定地說，有太多的專家將許多人帶入了不現實的陣營，遭受了社會苦難，這些未意識到的絕大多數不僅成為專家，準專家和商業主義的幌子的犧牲品，而且在社會上變成了社會精神病患者。為無法實現的期望而進行的無望的鬥爭。因此，做一些我們能控制的事情，不要浪費時間去思考和擔心我們無法控制的事情。
The above conflicting situations have generated a big disparity between reality and expectation, which is far beyond the reach of reality.
What and who are responsible for such paradox? That is the rein of political correctness and commercialism nudging whole society into the box of social malady filled with political correctness-sweet talk and sympathy, commercialism, information over-flooding and misunderstanding. Naturally, mental anguish emerges and emits throughout the living atmosphere with socially coerced pretense and gesture. With such distorted mindset and pretense, we politically over-decorate, beautify, and glorify the real face of our daily living under social coercion. As a result, uneasiness and discontent permeate in personal inner sphere behind smile and gesture; social misery ensues and prevails to torment the hearts of people with the dismay by something unreachable.
How To Solve the Above Discussed Social Misery?
How to improve and even avoid the emergence of such social paradox and misery? As the surest rule to solve any life maladies and calamities, the first step of solution is to avail our honesty, willingness, and courage to face, realize, understand, and accept the available truth and facts of the detailed sequence of all life events so as to possibly break away from the rein of political correctness and commercialism. Thereby a prairie of freedom and a clarity of bright vision maybe will loom for us to explore and live a life for all to survive, grow, and live on as well and as long as possible.
Thank you for reading this post. Before leaving, please leave your comments and suggestions for improvement so we can helping each other further.